Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Average current mode control for boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhimanyuSingh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone suggest me any literature or book or any material where I can read and understand the very basics of average current mode control for a boost converter. By basic, I mean the purpose of every block, component, every theoretical detail. I need it urgently.

I read that book, but it wasnt what I actually wanted. I want to understand how the control theory of that circuit. The block diagram of the circuit is attatched. I wanted to know how the values of different capacitors, resistors and multiplication constants are decided. Thank you.

I think if you read that book carefully, you should understand the boost circuit principle. However, I found your boost is diiferent from usual boost. Both CC/CV regulation is required? To decide component value, you need to build a behavior model for AC simulation. Method for behavior model can be found in that book.

The best thing is to probable just grab the datasheets and appnotes for various control ICs and read them. Many companies (linear tech, texas instruments) will do a good job explaining the operation and methodology behind the system. I built a interleaved average current mode boost PFC based on the UCC28070 and it was my first time designing a PFC or ACM controller, but just reading the datasheet thoroughly was enough for me to understand it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.