Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Routing for Cadence Analog Layout XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke11y5

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using the automatic routing tool under 'Route' in Layout XL (IC6.1.6) and cannot figure out where the rules for spacing are located. I'm laying out a simple OpAmp with a current mirror and implementing the common centroid technique for a few of my mosfets. When running the routing tool everything routes correctly except the contacts. The contacts, CA, are placed on top of the active layer, RX, of my nmos and pmos's, which violates the spacing rules. I've searched through the edit functions under 'Sequence' and haven't found anytihng about spacing. Some help would be great. Thanks.

... cannot figure out where the rules for spacing are located.

Formerly - in IC5 - these were in the technology file. Don't know if this was kept.

Formerly - in IC5 - these were in the technology file. Don't know if this was kept.

Yes I think you are right. And there is a rule in there for spacing. When running the auto routing I selected the default constraints, spacing rules included, but that one isn't followed. I've sort of found a solution by just placing contacts prior to running the auto route. Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back