Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Railway Gate Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

amon mazhara

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone help me to design an automatic railway gate control using a microcontroller like pic16f877

What functions do you want in the program. How do you sense that train is coming or train has gone to close or open the gate?

The circuit should just sense the train at a certain distance and give a signal and close the boom gate and then opens it when the train had left

Is your boom gate controlled by a motor? How do you sense the train coming or going?

Yes the boom is to be controlled by a motor and the train can be sensed by transmitter and receiver circuits or any other means necessary

The code for 8051 is given in the document. Can you translate it for PIC?

Can I use external interrupt to sense the IR signal? How many IR sensor pairs are there?

I think IR output can be given to INT0 interrupt. If a burst of IR is detected on INT0 pin then according to it action can be taken.

Can you use the circuit mentioned here? http://www.8051projects.net/t40251/electronics/ir-led-tsop-1738.htm

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.