Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Insertion of Level Shifters at Gate-Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning19

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using Synopsys tools in creating a design flow for a standard cell library. The library contains two versions of the same cells, but they operate at two different supply voltages. The library also includes a level shifter.

I generate the gate-level netlist using only a single supply voltage, and then have a script that runs to automatically update some of the gates to the second supply voltage.

Is there a way to automatically insert the level shifter from the library whenever it is required?

Thanks.

I don't see how this really applies to the level shifter insertion that I was looking for...

Is there a way to insert the level shifters without moving to a different format than the gate-level netlist with Design Compiler environment in which I am currently working?

normaly upf is made to automaticly insert level shifter (isolation, retention...) during the simulation/synthesis phases, and to indicate to all backend tools, the power constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back