Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Directional finding antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Midian

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
Can u give me some idea about Automatic Directional Finding Antenna project.
I have 2 directional antenna. and now i need them more intelligent ^ ^. they can choose directional where the power in Constant frequency maximum.
Thank you

No idea :(
Maybe some RF sensor to do that but i dont know about specifition

Hi,

1) put antennas so that the beams are forming some angle. If you have a distant source of signal in space, it will produce different amplitudes at antenna outputs and you can conclude about the angle of arrival by comparing two output signals

2) you can have both antennas set to have beams in parallel and connect both outputs to inputs of a rat-race hybrid (sum/difference circuit). This is called monopulse detection system. Again, comparing the output signals from the coupler the angle of arrival could be found

Because i dont know those word (you called Monopulse detection). im going to build a communication car with transceiver Antenna. and at base has receiver antenna. So they always choose best amplitude to directional.
Thx 4 your information

Hi,

You will find valuable information on DF system at **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back