Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic controlled heating system using phase control of thyristors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesdaniel

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i have a project to design an Automatic Heating System using Phase Control Of Thyristor. i have a few ideas on how to go about it but i will like to know specifications on components to use to effect this. The ccts and components are feel needed are Temperature Sensor, Temperature Controller, Thyristor Firing Angle circuit and Phase Control IC for the Automatic part. i really need help with the Automatic part. and where i can get the components to buy and to get good circuit diagrams too

If the design is intended to comply with power quality regulations, it must not use phase control of electric heaters. Full wave switching has to be used to reduce harmonic currents. Review IEC 1000-3-2.

Thanks for your reply. But i intend to use it with a small electric heating plate not necessarily an electric heater. I intend to use Full wave control of Triac but with phase control mechanism so i regulate the power to the electric heating plate using the automatic control. so if more power is needed a signal is sent to Firing angle circuit to increase the firing angle and then dissipate more power to the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back