Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic car window opener/closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
automatic car window opener

Hi,

I need a circuit to drive a motor used in the opener/closer of car door window. If possible this way: One short touch(+-0,5s or less) means a short motor turn on and a long touch(1s) the circuit keep the motor on until the glass reaches the end of the travel no matter opening or closing the glass.

Regards,

Fernando

automatic car windows circuit

You can use a timer which is triggered by the switch. When you touch the switch, it'll trigger the timer as well. If it's a short touch the timer will not finish counting when you release the button. If it's a long touch the timer will be able to finish counting. Use the output of the timer to determine in which mode the motor should operate.

automatic car window circuit

Hi,

What yeechyan sugested can work, but a bit dangerus because if the window is almost to the top it will burn the motor.
I saw somewhere that they used a circuit connected to the power line of the motor of the window. Because it is brusles then you will see spikes when the motor is runing. When the window will be to the top/buttom, the spikes will stop...
Sorry i cant provide you with a circuit...

If you found my answer useful, click on the button that says Helped me.

Good luck.

automatic window opener circuit

take a motor driver from ST, with a shunt resistor you can get the motor current, use a comparator (or an analog channel of the micro) to see when the current is more than what is needed to move the window. A small microprocessor can handle the logics of the pushbutton.

bye
Alba800

window opener circuit

Alba800,

This is exactly what I need, a microprocessor controlled power windows system.
Found one on the net but the schematics was without AVR code and uses a very hard to find component Infineon PROFET BTS640S2 and would like to use somethink like an LM393 and a shunt resistor or even the A/D of a PIC or AVR.

Regards,

Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back