Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto-start circuit for an electric generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksnl2008

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
auto start generator

Hi,
I need a circuit to start an Electric Generator automatically when power is failure, and then stop it when main power is ON. can anyone help me please? is there any idea based on microcontroller (specially PIC micro).I have a 3KV electric generator and there is no self-start option in it.
Thanks.

generator auto start

If u have a conventional generator that needs to be started by pulling on a rope..... then u need an automatic starter kit first, which roughly comprises of a motor, a battery, a solenoid switch and mechanical fixtures. Afterwards, all u need is a few relays to switch the gen on when the mains fail, and to switch it off when mains becomes live again

automatic start generator

I already have starter kit. I only need a Relay circuit to start generator.
thanks

autostart generator

Is there any further news on this subject. I have been looking at doing something like this for a while now. Not sure if any interest in adding an inverter stage to take up the gap from power outage to generator coming on line.

self start generators

Actually the said idea can be made simply with the use of 2-3 timer LM555 Ic's. For triggering the cranking, a relay should be activated after a delay of 3-4 seconds to confirm the power failure, and to stop another relay is activated after 2-3 seconds after power resumption and should de-energise after the generator has completely stopped. But this setup will only work efficiently with diesel run generators. Petrol run engines will usually require "choke" or some sort of changeover to kerosine in some models.
Any ways here is an excellent product from M/s united 7 technologies which will start / stop the generator on just push of a button on the remote keyfob. Any custom made ides can also be developed at the said place. Good luck. **broken link removed**

Re: generator auto start

If u have a conventional generator that needs to be started by pulling on a rope..... then u need an automatic starter kit first, which roughly comprises of a motor, a battery, a solenoid switch and mechanical fixtures. Afterwards, all u need is a few relays to switch the gen on when the mains fail, and to switch it off when mains becomes live again

Hi,
I have a conventional generator (pulling a rope one). Can someone please tell me how to make this starter kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back