Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto date field is in US format - can I change it to UK format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedelazouch

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The auto date field is in US format and I need it in UK format, can this be changed within Cadstar?
The PC is setup correctly within control panel. :-?

What auto date field?
If you mean the "Date" Design Field then it uses the format your PC uses.
check your keyboard & country settings

Last edited:

If you go to the add text command, near the bottom right corner there is an option to add date, time, design title etc. It originates from there.

My PC is setup to UK settings, IT have already checked this for me so thought it was within Cadstar somewhere??? :shock:

Both keyboard AND region?

What about when you add the date in word etc?

I have the correct date showing using the design field - 05/11/2010

What version of Windows are you using?
When you RMB on the system clock and select "Adjust date/time" what is the "Time Zone" ?
Also in control panel - "Regional and Language settings" What is the short date format?

AFAIK There is nowhere in CADSTAR that sets the date format - it is all taken from your PC settings.

What do you get?

Both keyboard AND region?
What about when you add the date in word etc?
Wrong in Inventor as well but my colleague's run correct in Inventor but incorrect in cadstar... wiered
I have the correct date showing using the design field - 05/11/2010
What version of Windows are you using?
XP Pro 2002 sp3
When you RMB on the system clock and select "Adjust date/time" what is the "Time Zone" ?
GMT Greenwich Mean time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
Also in control panel -
"Regional and Language settings" What is the short date format?

AFAIK There is nowhere in CADSTAR that sets the date format - it is all taken from your PC settings.

What do you get?

Thanks, just found it!!! Control panel - Regional and language settings - Customize and its there..... Thanks for the pointer, glad I signed up!!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back