Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Video Selector Project Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejapong

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I have a quick question about a project of mine. I am converting an old philco radio into an entertainment system.

Part of this project is an AV component selector. I need to take the audio and video from four systems and be able to select one for the television and stereo input.

I have a three pole, four position rotary switch on a breadboard with 15 female phono jacks. My plan is to connect the signal part of each cable (left, right, video) to the rotary switch, and join the ground part of all the jacks together.

Will this be sufficient to switch signals without interference? Or will I need to find an 6 pole, four position switch and switch both the signal and ground for each system?

I hope this makes sense,
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back