Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio system using RF chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

always@smart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nrf2401 if bandwidth

Hi all,

I wannna design a RF system that transmit the audio signal from the HI-FI system. This RF system can be any chip that using free band. Anyone has any idea which chip has such capability to transmit such high-quality signal? Secondly, cost and the external component are the design concern too.

thanks in advance

regards,

alwys@smart

If the bandwidth of your audio signal is less than 1Mhz,

then the bluetooth RF system may be appropriate for your application.

the applicable chip vendor homepage is below.

**broken link removed**

https://www.gctsemi.com

the bandwidth is more than 1Mhz, you have to use more expensive RF

system eg. wireless LAN (802.11g/802.11a).

You can search WLAN chip vendors easily using google website.

dhlee.

hi dhlee,

my application is just simple audio transmission. I don't need high bandwidth, because it's only audio signal. I just wanna find a good RF chip which can able to transmit and receive the hi-fi quality signal with mininal noice (much better then Radio).

I know Bluetooh or Wlan is one of the option, but it seems that i don't really need that "high-end" chip.

Does anyone ever use any chip that can fulfil my requirement?

thanks in advance

Check out Nordic nRF chips, I tested the nRF2401 and nRF24E1, it works well, and up to 20 meters. I buogth a kit that uses nRF2401, it's cost about u$d27 for 1 unit, check it at:

**broken link removed**

Those chips are only digital channel, so you must use and A/D to sample your audio and replay in the other point using other chip with a PWM to regenerate the signal

Hi, I know what you want. Check out some Wireless AV Sender module or ready product from Airwave Taiwan

**broken link removed**

No software implementation for analog FM wireless audio sender. Just set the receiver/transmitter pair to same frequency channel. Connect the TX to the audio source, the rxer output to speaker. You have wireless audio system!

penrico,

Thanks for your information.

Have u tested it with the audio signal (let's say stereo signal)? how was the quality? I'm looking for a rf chip which has high S/N ratio. I'm still finding a suitable chip for my design.

Thanks in advance.

penrico said:
Those chips are only digital channel, so you must use and A/D to sample your audio and replay in the other point using other chip with a PWM to regenerate the signal

nRF24E1 have ADC and PWM onchip, no need for external chips for these functions. I think you can achieve phone quality transmission, as a matter of fact, on Nordic site there is an application note with a description of a wireless set, but if you want CD quality (stereo, 44.100 sample rate, 16 bit), this sollution may be inapropriate.

/pisoiu

lguancho said:
Hi, I know what you want. Check out some Wireless AV Sender module or ready product from Airwave Taiwan

h**p://www.airwave.com.tw/Product_portfolio.htm

No software implementation for analog FM wireless audio sender. Just set the receiver/transmitter pair to same frequency channel. Connect the TX to the audio source, the rxer output to speaker. You have wireless audio system!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi lguancho,

Thanks for your info.

That't the product i'm currently doing. Do you know how much it costs for the Wireless Digital Audio? Any idea what is the RF chip in the product?

thanks in advance

always@smart,

I tested those only to transmit telephonic calls, (mono with 14000 sps 8 bits), but there is not problem to make more sample rate (44000hz) and stereo, bandwidth is 1Mb.

Transmiting at 14000 sps 8 bits mono, the audio quality is good, and have problems in transmitions (it apears some loss of packets) when there is something between transmiter and receiver (when a people cross between transmiter and receiver, or any object with water inside). Or when you put the transmiter inside a "Faraday Jail" like a metal can.

Hi penrico,

I really appreciate all the info you have given me. I'm still searching for RF chip which can transmit/receive Stereo signal with minimal component, the S/N ration of receiver is as high as possible, because it is used for the hi-fi system (not normal radio) , if anyone have ever deal with this kind of chip, pls give me some info.

if the market do not have this kind of chip, i welcome everyone to give me suggestion ,like :-
1.how to transmit/receive stereo with normal rf chip?
2. what encoding technique to be used for stereo?
3. how to enhance the S/N ratio

thanks in advance

Have you thought of making a low power analog transmitter which can be used with an ordinary FM broadcast receiver? This would seem to be the lowest cost method?

flatulent said:
Have you thought of making a low power analog transmitter which can be used with an ordinary FM broadcast receiver? This would seem to be the lowest cost method?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi flatulent,

Yes, indeed i'm looking for low power transceiver, which is for short distance (<50m), and carrier frequency can be 415Mhz, 868Mhz or 2.4Ghz, all depends on the cost, audio quality.

hope someone can suggest me some good chip.

thanks

hi all,

I'm thinking of making this design using Bluetooth or WIFI chip, anyone has any suggestion??

regards,

smart

hi all,

1. Anyone can give me a list of companies that provide 802.11 chips,?
2. Any idea bout audio in 802.11 solution?

I need it urgently, hope someone can help.

thanks in advance
smart

Hi, as far as I know ROHM has a special chip for this BH1414 - BH1417, build for wireless audio link.

Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back