Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio notch filter with variable Q and frequency needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Audio notch filter with variable Q and frequency needed, to knock out interference in a natural radio receiver.
Any schematic available?
I have seen these twin-T filters compared with opamps are good enough

Twin T-filters aren't well suited for frequency tuning, there's a number of better filter topologies, they are periodically discussed at edaboard.

The intended frequency range is an important criterion. There are single resistor tuned filters with f0 ~ 1/√R and dual resistor tuned filters that achieve f0 ~ 1/R. The latter can be also Q tuned with a single resistor and are usually implemented as a dual integrator structure.

Twin T-filters aren't well suited for frequency tuning, there's a number of better filter topologies, they are periodically discussed at edaboard.

The intended frequency range is an important criterion. There are single resistor tuned filters with f0 ~ 1/√R and dual resistor tuned filters that achieve f0 ~ 1/R. The latter can be also Q tuned with a single resistor and are usually implemented as a dual integrator structure.

The frequency range of the receiver is 20Hz-15KHz max, but most of the knock-out job has to be done in the region of 50Hz to 3-4KHz.

Have you got any example of the proposed solution, or any other suitable schematics?
I have seen some in the web but I do not know which one to build.

I am thinking of a single filter and then maybe cascade some of them to make a multi-notch filter, to cnock-out more than one interference signals.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back