Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Filter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxplanck

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I need a analog filter circuit or IC. It can be combine filter and amplifier IC.

I will use to listen music from mobile phone, tablet or PC.

I want to listen clear and noise free sound.

Can you suggest any circuit or IC?

Thanks.

Noise is audio frequencies. The sound you want to listen to is also audio frequencies. If you filter out the noise frequencies then you also filter out the sound frequencies you want, then you hear NOTHING!
Maybe you should explain the problem you have where the sound is not clear. Is it distortion?
Also describe the noise. Is it low frequency hum? Is it high frequency hiss?

You can filter out the hum but then you also filter out all low frequencies in sound which kills any bass sounds and causes voices to sound like chipmunks.
You can filter out the hiss but then you also filter out all high frequencies in sound which muffles the sound.
If you filter out both low and high frequencies then the sound is narrow band like a telephone.

Thanks audioguru, for the answer.

My problem is distortion, interference.
Yes I should hear 20 Hz - 20 kHz frequency.
But I don't want this distortion and interference.

Best regards.

A steep band-notch will greatly attenuate powerline hum, and a variable gain de-emphasis (like the old Dolby "B") can attenuate, but not fully eliminate hiss.

However, no filter removes distortion.

My problem is distortion, interference.
Yes I should hear 20 Hz - 20 kHz frequency.
But I don't want this distortion and interference.
Distortion and interference occur in a cheap poor quality circuit. Get a better circuit.
I do not listen to music on an AM radio, instead I use an FM radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.