Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio circuit implementation - help or e-books needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafer101

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Audio circuit needed

Hello guys I would appreciate some help from your side. I need to implement an audio circuit that doubles the incoming signal frequency, that is f(t) => f(2*t) for any frequency and any kind of signal, not just a fixed one for that I could use a tuned class C amplifier.
I am interested also in the theory beyound this circuit. I would applreciate also some e-books on the analog circuit design and audio Fx.
Thank in advance...

Wafer101.

squaring circuit

If you use an analog multiplier and feed your signal into both inputs you will get a double frequency output and a DC output. Capacitor coupling will eliminate the DC. These chips go by MPY pefixes. The old Burr Brown now bought by TI has some. Here is one **broken link removed**

If you want a cheaper form, use a full wave rectifier. Put the signal through both an inverting gain and a noninverting gain amplifiers. Put diodes from these outputs to the inputs of an inverting stage with two resistor inputs. this will get you mostly second harmonic output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back