Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier cuircit by LM386 and LM358

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friend
Hi
is your mean that my simulation is not correct????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i said to you that now i have this circuit in my home. and its work is good. is your mean my oscilloscope cant show actual waveforms?????!!!!
my speaker ( of my computer ) is home made. i designed it. for pre amplifier i used one LM358 Ic as buffer and negative gain amplifier. and my end amplification is with a simple complementary amplifier.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

What is your mean with distortion?
Current distortion?
Voltage distortion?
Phase distortion?
Frequency distortion?

I'm talking about Crossover distortions

I added the voltage drops similar to that generated by the LM358 output transistors and a 50 µA current source and get the below waveforms:

According to my experience, the real LM358 circuit behaves almost identical.

pay more attention to self excitation

Dear FvM
Hi
Your simulation is with lm324(with your title) But you said Lm358!!!!
See these pictures , please: f.JPG
f2.JPG
I cant see cross over distortion here. please use this circuit ( my first attachment) and give me its result . i said to you that its result is very good . believe me my friend.
Kind Regards
Goldsmith

Last edited:

- LM358 and LM324 are identical OPs, only difference is 2 versus 4 amps per package
- setting the frequency to 1 kHz and input level to 2V matters. Cross-over distortions are much smaller , but still perceptible

There's a certain difference between the PSPICE and LTSPICE result using your input signal settings. I guess, PSPICE is using a larger timestep. You possibly need to reduce it in the PSPICE analysis parameters to get an acurate waveform.

Dear FvM
Hi
You're Right

But see these pictures please:diss.JPG diss2.JPG diss3.JPG

. Distortion is 50mv. And i did this circuit with 741 opamp and again distortion was 50mv . do you think that 50mv is important? because i can not sense it in out put voice of my speaker. I think these Ic s not biased as class B. but not biased as well as. But it is at class ab ( approximately)
Thank you for your attention
Best regards
Goldsmith

because i can not sense it in out put voice of my speaker.
This may be either a problem of speaker quality or your skills in percepting distortions. If you ask a sound engineer, he will hear it.

There's apparently a misunderstanding about the purpose of diodes in the simulation circuit. I implemented them to simulate the real behaviour of the LM358/LM324 output stage, that isn't correctly represented in the National Semiconductor (neither other manufacturers) SPICE model. With the diodes, you get class B behaviour, which is also present in the real LM358/LM324.

When you add a complementary output driver without additional bias voltage generator (just connecting both base terminals to the OP output), you get a similar behaviour, even with a class AB OP, e.g. LM741.

Finally, if we take a look at your original 3 OP amplifier, we can expect, that the worst distortions will occur at a stage, that is driven to a medium level of e.g. 100 mV. Because each stage has a different level, there's a good chance to meet this condition at least for one stage. In so far, it's reasonable to make the simulation with medium level, as I did. Then the cross-over distortions can hardly be missed in the simulation result and will be also perceptible, I fear.

Hi every body
eventually , I achieve my intercom circuit , in the next step I want to remove the connecting wires between two intercom circuit and transmit/receive sound wireless so do you any module or IC that can help me , what' your idea about simcom ICs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.