Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ATTiny12 running with internal clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosko

Does anybody have any experiance with ATTiny12 running with internal clock.How accurate is the clock?Can it run half-duplex RS232 (software emulated)??

Alex

I have used it, it is a nice processor, but no, the internal clock is not good enough for RS-232 communication. It is a pretty good internal clock, but not that good over time and temperature.

Tnx!
I'll have samples next week and I'll try it anyway, but I'll have plan B prepared just in case :smile:))

Yeah I looked more carefully at datasheets and the temperature could realy couse a lot of problems :sad:

Alex

On 2002-02-22 14:54, Rosko wrote:
Does anybody have any experiance with ATTiny12 running with internal clock.How accurate is the clock?Can it run half-duplex RS232 (software emulated)??

Alex

Hi Alex,
The Tiny12 internal oscillator can be calibrate. After this operation, you have 5% of precision. There's no problem to emulate an UART with using the timer with interrupt.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back