Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATtiny 2313 programming in avrstudio4

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinstudy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vinstudy attiny2313

Hi all..

I am working on ATTiny2313. From past two days i am trying to send & receive data to tiny2313 through RS232. Program is very simple & I found it from net but not working. According to datasheet i have to burn the fuse, if i am using external oscillator. I am using 8MHz external oscillator & I am stuck at to burn the fuse. Can anybody help me to burn the fuse for 8MHz crystal oscillator. What tool do i need? I hope if i burn the fuse for ext osc then my prog may work.

vinstudy attiny2313 rs232

vinstudy said:
Hi all..

I hope if i burn the fuse for ext osc then my prog may work.

The AVRs come from factory with fuses programmed to internal osc. at 1MHz and this should be enough for any programming device. Furthermore, be sure to read something (like chip identification or calibration byte) before changing fuses. This should be enough to confirm that the programmer runs properlly.

vinstudy said:
Hi all..

I am working on ATTiny2313. From past two days i am trying to send & receive data to tiny2313 through RS232. Program is very simple & I found it from net but not working. According to datasheet i have to burn the fuse, if i am using external oscillator. I am using 8MHz external oscillator & I am stuck at to burn the fuse. Can anybody help me to burn the fuse for 8MHz crystal oscillator. What tool do i need? I hope if i burn the fuse for ext osc then my prog may work.

you need to program:
fuse low byte: 0xFD
fuse high byte: 0xDF
fuse extended byte: 0xFF

What programmer are you using? If you are using an avrisp, you should be able to figure this out by looking at the datasheet and comparing the values I posted above.

If you are using an avr910 programmer or your programmer supports avrdude then place this command in a batch file:
Code:
avrdude -p ATtiny2313 -b 115200 -c avr910 -C avrdude.conf -P com1 -e -U lfuse:w:0xfd:m -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m -U efuse:w:0xff:m

good luck

Thanks a lot for ur reply friends...
I am using TOP Programmer 2007. A china made.

is it necerssary to burn the fuse?
But my LED Blink program worked with external oscillator 8MHz without burining fuse. I am totally confused.

It is running now at 1MHz internall osc. and the led must be blinking at 1/8 of your intended frequency. You´ll need to burn the fuses to get the externall osc. at 8MHz.

But if i remove External oscillator circuit , my program doesnt work at all. Again i tested by connecting external oscillator, my led started blinking. waiting for any reply.

This means with no doubt that the fuses are now programmed to external osc. and not as the chip came from factory.

vinstudy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi friends, thanks a lot for replying to my post. My programm is working now. As said my chip has been fused at the first burning of my program. I was not sure about it but now cleared everything. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.