Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to synthesize a certain design using Vivado 17.4, but the synthesis was terminated and i have failed message.
No errors appear but i have this message
" Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xcvu440' "
Note ( Design is synthesized properly using Xillinx ISE )

If you are using the Webpack tools Ultrascale parts are not supported for that version of the tools. You need to have a full purchased license.

If you are using the Webpack tools Ultrascale parts are not supported for that version of the tools. You need to have a full purchased license.

I used "Vivado HLS 2017.4".
In Xillinx ISE the design is properly synthesized and implemented using " Defense-grade Virtex-6Q", but i cant find this family in vivado i found (Defense-grade Virtex-7Q) but generated "synthesis failed ".
How can i add this family to vivado "Defense-grade Virtex-6Q" or finding a alternative one.
Note ( i have tried all families in Vivado and gives the same message".

I don't have time to look up the part support for Vivado right now, but the information is available on Xilinx's website, but I don't believe that 6Q is supported in Vivado. Vivado was designed for 7 series and beyond. Everything prior to 7 series is only supported on ISE.

The synthesis failed message may be due to cores being generated in a different family on a different tool platform. You may have to generate new IP cores in Vivado for V7Q for it to work properly. I vaguely recall being told by the FAE to generate new IP cores when I migrated a design from K6 to K7 years ago

Still have the same problem.

Note ( Design is synthesized properly using Xillinx ISE )
Adding the ads-ee comments from above....
Xilinx ISE is for Series6 and previous versions of FPGAs.
If your target FPGA has changed, so should your Xilinx tools also.

I am pretty much sure Virtex-6Q and the XVCU* will have different Xilinx primitives.

Without posting the actual errors there is little we can do to help.
Do you have a full paid licence for vivado or are you just using the web-pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…