Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATT M2X unreliable? Any good alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherpaDoug

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is anyone using AT&T M2X to relay data to a remote device? I find it is easy to use but very unreliable. Maybe it is something I am doing wrong.

I have an Arduino based datalogger that will eventually be hundreds of miles away on a WiFi connection. I need to get a few hundred bytes of data from it every day and occasionally send it a few bytes of configuration data. This is proof-of-concept for an eventual commercial product. M2X looked ideal but it just isn't working for me.

Phant and data.sparkfun.com can reliably get me the measurement data so I know the WiFi link is OK but Phant has no way to send my config data.

I could probably do something with cellular but I already have built the hardware with WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back