Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATPG Pattern Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dft123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am new to the field of Scan/ATPG and I have just taken a tutorial to scan insert + atpg + pattern simulation for a simple 8 bit RISC processor. I am done with the first 2 steps. I have used Mentor DFTA (insertion) and FS(atpg). Now I want to validate the patterns through simulation.

Is it possible to simulate the atpg patterns generated by Fastscan by using VCS?
What are the steps involved in doing this VCS simulation?

Regards

yes you could simulate.
normaly the atpg tool could generate a verilog test bench that read an input file that contains the scan vector and compare with an other file which contains the output scan vector. So you have the test bench from the ATPG tool, the netlist used by this atpg for the DUT and a sdf file for timing annotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back