Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATPG libraries simulation with mentor DFT tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel_on_on

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
libcomp mentor

hi,all

mentor DFT tools have to translate verilog simulation library to DFT libraries.
But when I verify DFT libraries with IcVerify command . It invoke a modelsim .
I currently have ncverlog simulator . if I need to verify DFT libraries translated from verilog simulation libraries with ncverilog ,what i should do ?

Thanks

mentor libcomp usage

If I were you, I'd just inspect your log file generated by the libcomp - and iff there are no problems, just use the library - don't worry about simulating it. I've had decent luck with that approach.

John
DFT Digest

how to translate verilog to fastscan library

so you do DFT with mentor tools too ? if libcomp generate log file report a Mismatch?

verilog atpg to mentor dft

I've used boh Mentor and Synopsys tools in the past.

There was a situation where libComp generated a warning about an unsupported udp construct of some sort. And it caused no problem immediately, because the design did not use that cell - but later on it did, and the ATPG did not work, and it took me awhile to figure it out.

Most standard cell library vendors (TSMC, Artisan, etc.) provide a Mentor library with the library. Make sure you don't have that before using libComp instead.

John
DFT Digest

dft libcomp

cell librares is our company'libraries,So I have to generte a mentor library.
there some warning about notifier when I libComp.

I want to know if u simulate the ATPG library with modelsim? or with others tools . As if u need not simulate the ATPG libraries

libcomp

No, I did not simulate with Modelsim - what I did was trust the results, as long as there were no warnings in the libComp log file. But I was the only user of the FastScan library.

Now if I were developing a library for other's use, I'd find a way to hack the verify script and simulate it.

What warnings are you seeing?

John

atpg library

libComp log show no warning and error.But fastscan report some warning as following:

Net 'notifier' in model is floating
vcond1 in model is unused.

atpg fastscan tiex

Seen that before. It's not really an issue, because as you may know , notifiers are for simulation, and flag timing violations and such, which have nothing to do with ATPG.

That said, however, it seems libComp should at least hook those up with tiex primitives, so you don't get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back