Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEL vs FREESCALE or another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I usually use Microchip Microncontroller PIC24, PIC16 and PIC32 but i would like to use ARM architecture but i dont now wich to use?

Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

you can check for any STM32 discovery board or the nucleo development board (which is arduino compatible), they are very cheap. and incorporates a st-link programmer-debugger in the same board. (note that most stm32 chips have an internal bootloader too)

Hello,

I usually use Microchip Microncontroller PIC24, PIC16 and PIC32 but i would like to use ARM architecture but i dont now wich to use?

Could you help me with this?

Thanks!
Sir you need to specify your intended application and which ARM architecture you plan to use.
I use both Atmel (M3/M4F/Dual Core M4F) and Infineon (M4F) ARM MCU. Both are equally good. Personally I found Atmel has an edge with respect to communication peripherals (both quantity and simplicity to use) while Infineon has advantage with respect to industrial/automation control peripheral.
Both are them tend to be geared towards different application.
Both have a free windows based IDE with Infineon having an edge with Dave 4 IDE. Both have a fully developed software library. Both are compatible with Segger J-Link tools.
Relax Kit Lite form Infineon cost only $19 while Atmel development boards tend to be expensive.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.