Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel Studio 6 for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian403

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I got an Atmel UC3 Xplained and to program it I need the Atmel Studio 6 and I do not find a distribution for linux, I can not install it on my computer which has Ubuntu 15.04. Using wine I can't install it too .for a problem with framework 4 .NET.
What can I do? Is there a version for ubuntu? I can not understand why there is no a version for GNU/linux if Microchip has one.

There i no way, you can use Atmel Studio 6 on Linux.

There are alternative IDE's (ie Eclipse, or Code::Blocks) that work on Linux.
And avr-gcc is working fine on linux (you can even download Atmels version for linux)

Debugging is going to be a challenge though.

/Bingo

i once installed it on vmware (windows 7) that run on ubuntu 14 host - it worked perfectly.

Ok I will use this on windows I do not wanto to waste time searching the libs for uc3 xplained

With this stuff, I created a vm under virtualbox, installed barebones m$ windows(ugh!) and installed there. You need the extras. I had to marry a few partitions to create one big one for the vms.

Status
Not open for further replies.