Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel AT89S8252 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandAlf

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As this particular MCU is starting to become less available, can anyone suggest a drop in pin compatible more modern replacement with minimal program changes. A web search did not yield anything useful. :)

As this particular MCU is starting to become less available

GrandALF why you think that 8252 is less available?

I can buy it in any store which sells mcu's.

Mr.Cube

Thanks for the advice chaps. I can still get these OK, but they seem to be not listed in a lot of catalogues these days. Just a little concerned about long term availability, nice to have other options.

Another thing that slightly concerned me was that under certain rare and unpredictable conditions of lockup, this MCU will not respond to repeated reset pulses from an external watchdog. Usually needs power to be recycled. Not sure if this is a problem with this specific MCU or a general 8052 thing. Never noticed it with any other processor.

if U r not using EEprom in 89S8252
89S52 will replace it.

yuv

Thanks for that. Looks like it has been superceeded by 89S8253, I am now using that with a few software change.

Status
Not open for further replies.