Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEL AES132A Encryption EEPROM Device address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshmbbs

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The Atmel ATAES132A is a high-security, Serial Electrically-Erasable and Programmable Read-Only Memory
(EEPROM) providing both authentication and confidential nonvolatile data storage capabilities. Access
restrictions for the 16 user zones are independently configured, and any key can be used with any zone. In
addition, keys can be used for standalone authentication. This flexibility permits the ATAES132A to be used in a
wide range of applications.

It can be used as regular EEPROM also, but i am not sure what will be the device address.
The regular logic(8 address bits) 0x1-0-1-0-A2-A1-A0-R/W, didnt work. How to determine the address of the AES132A

1. What will be the device address if AES132A used as regular EEPROM?
2. And i wish to encrypt the external 16byte(from RAM) data to get converted into ciphertext with AES132 ccm engine, and store back in my ATMEGA Internal EEPROM.
The steps would be to send command and receive command on its buffer and continuously monitoring status register.
But then again the basic interface to send command is through I2C bus. And I am not sure what should be the device address?

can anyone help, who has worked with AES132A?

If A0, A1 and A2 are tied to ground then address is 0100000 for write and 0100001 for read.

Shiftes once to the left.

Just check all 127 addresses. One should respond with ACK. It takes about 10ms )))

ATAES132A

Device datasheet page no. 86

Device Address

I2C address

0xA0 write
0xA1 read

It also has another address if used as SPI device. I have to check if same device can operate in I2C and SPI modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.