Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEL 89c52 serial communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuarizzah

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmel 89c52

Hi everybody!

I'm working on a project title intelligent entrance system for condominiums and i'm using ATMEL 89c52 for serial communication part

But, i'm not clear about the circuitry and how does this microcontroller works to send and receive the data.

I've also read about RS 232 Serial Communication topic in this forum and i get confused whether i have also to use this register together with my ATMEL 89c52?

I am very hope to get help from you all. Thank you!!

atmel serial communication

hi,
you gotta understand the I²C protocol,
the attached file will help.
TeE ThE EdE

89c52 circuit diagram

i tried a simple programming on this chip but i don't know how to set the baud rate
we need to set it based on the frequency used on the crystal right?

also, which PIC is also suitable for the serial programming?
and what is the difference between PIC and ATMEL chips?

atmel89c52

It looks like you have already started with ATMEL, so stay with it ..
All microcontrollers can do almost the same but the more you practise with a particular type, the more "fluent" you are in it, and the easier for you is to use it in all sorts of applications ..

Here you have a PDF file with practical examples on 89C51/2 UART including explanations on how to select baud rate etc. etc ..
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4346.pdf

If you have further questions - come back and ask ..

Regards,
IanP

89c52 serial

I've started a simple program on serial interface between two AT89c52 as a practice for serial programming
But, i need to interface AT89c52 and AT89c2051.. But i don't know about their circuitry connection

Could you please help me with a circuit diagram on it?

thank you!

serial control in 89c52

Connect pin 10 (89C52 Rx) with pin 3 (2052 Tx) and pin 11 (89C52 Tx) with pin 2 (89C2051 Rx) and of course 0V - pin 20 (89C52) and 10 (89C2051) ..

Regards,
IanP

89s52 serial communication

mm.. i mean where should i put resistors and whatsoever on 2051? or, do i only need Connect pin 10 (89C52 Rx) with pin 3 (2052 Tx) and pin 11 (89C52 Tx) with pin 2 (89C2051 Rx) and of course 0V - pin 20 (89C52) and 10 (89C2051) as you've mentioned?

because when i did serial interface between two AT89c52, the connection of resistors and capacitors on that chip is similar, the only different is the pin 10 and 11

thank you

89c52

2051 is reduced-pin version of the 89C52 ..
All pins (look at their names, not numbers) should be connected in the same way ..
For example, you need a capacitor on the RST pin, next, you need a crystal connected between XTAL1 and XTAL2 and 33pF caps between XTAL1 and GND and XTAL2 and GND .. and so on ..

Regards,
IanP

serial communication with 89s52

i've started pro'ing with 2051 for serial (RX and TX)
comm'. but it was not sucess, plz help to code for
this

thank u
raja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back