Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ATmega8L microcontrollers with external interrupts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarkummi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I faced problem in external interrupts with ATmega8l CPU. I wrote the program in C lan but it didn't
work properly in hardware.
1.problem is external interrupts enabled through other pins of CPU like(vcc, other pins of PORTD).
please help me to resolve the problem.

Hi

I am sending the schematic and code of my project. please find the attachments

Attachments

• KR.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 82
  • kr sche.png
    kr sche.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 94

remove the two lines that define sei() and cli() , they are already defined in <avr/interrupt.h> so you don't need to redefine them.

The problem that I see is that you have INT1 to trigger with a rising edge on the pin but you haven't connected a pull down resistor to ensure that it can't triggered randomly (this is the case when the input is floating)
The alternative is to change the settings and set the interrupt to trigger with a low level and enable the internal pull up resistor

Alex

Hi alex

Problem was solved thanks for your valuable suggestions.

kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.