Status
Not open for further replies.

hardik.patel

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using extreme AVR Burner for burn the atmega8.
In that i had set the fuse bits as

low-D9 n
High-EF

Now if i use it again for re-programme, its not responding.
Does permanently damaged?.....or there is another problem??

I presume, "extreme AVR burner" is a simple serial programmer.

You can't set SPIEN bit to 1 (disabling serial programming mode) with a serial programmer, in so far High Fuse EF won't be set.

But it's easy to set a wrong clock option that requires an external clock source to XTAL1 for furher programmer access, as indicated in the datasheet. You have set CLKSEL = 1001 (external low frequency oscillator).

@FVM,

So you mean this chip is damaged permanently??(as i dont had high voltage parallel programmer)

Or it can be programme by serial programmer?

Once I had the same problem. I used a cheap AVR programmer to program ATMega16 and wrote some wrong fuses and then the same programmer was unable to program the chip again and then I used my EasyAVR v7 development board's onboard programmer to erase the chip and reprogram it and my chip started to work again.

I am using extreme AVR Burner for burn the atmega8.
In that i had set the fuse bits as

low-D9 n
High-EF

Now if i use it again for re-programme, its not responding.
Does permanently damaged?.....or there is another problem??

Forget about the damaged one, Now tell me

How can i program .hex with appropriate fuse bits using extreme avr burner to another atmea8?

Hi,

How can i program .hex with appropriate fuse bits using extreme avr burner to another atmea8?

1) don´t disable "serial programming mode"
2) set the clock fuse bits to "External Crystal/Ceramic Resonator" as I told you in another thread insted of "External Low-frequency Crystal"

then you will have a lot of fun with your Mega8.

BTW: although these are a lot of pages.... but reading the datasheet is essential. I think there´s no way around this.
I recommend to use the PDF instead of paper, then you can use the blue colored links within the PDF and do a "search" on keywords.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.