Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMega32A ISP Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
guys, I need a help and i'm begging you all for the help...

My country got out of ATMega 8, 16 and 32 and only available ATMel is the ATMega32A here. Thus no way but I have to stick with it..

now I have a USB-ASP to program AVRs in ISP. I used ExtreemAVR for burning. In that software, there is no Mega32A listed. Only Mega32 listed. Thus I tried to use mega32 to program mega32A. But failed. The same way of programming 32... the only 32 I have now is okey and still I can program that. But I can not do 32A. I searched the whole Internet but found no satisfactory answer.

Recently came to know that 32A is just a little different than 32 in the way of power consumption and it requires a 30k pullup at reset. But that is during normal operation right??? not during ISP...

So guys, Please help me to program this Mega32A with the USB-ASP. May be I can go for a new burner if possible... there I dont have any problem...

Note: for coding, I use mostly bascom and mikrobasic. But I prefer not to use the compiler to burn, instead a separate burner...

Oh!! just popped up... can I use the library of mega32 for the mega32A in case of coding??

Please guys, I'll be very thankful...

Mishu~

I program ATMega32A with USBasp without problem also. Check your USBasp circuit and firmware.

Try newer version of PC Software.

I use this https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/ with ATMega48 :

usbasp_circuit.png

Compatible software :

AVRDUDE supports USBasp since version 5.2.
BASCOM-AVR supports USBasp since version 1.11.9.6.
Khazama AVR Programmer is a Windows XP/Vista GUI application for USBasp and avrdude.
eXtreme Burner - AVR is a Windows GUI Software for USBasp based USB AVR programmers.

The problem seems to be the software , not USBasp.
There is probably a different signature between the standard and A model and his software doesn't recognize it.

Alex

Noted... will try and will let you guys know...

And yup, I think it is about the software... And one info, for some unknown reason, I can not use bascom to write in the uC. Anyway... I can use any other neat and good GUI for that...

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

BTW, forgot to ask the question... in bascom, we always use the library for a particular chip... like m32.def now here should I use the same???

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Nope... the avr dude is not working...

And same, extreemavr beta is totally corrupted while downloading... 4times downloaded and each time corrupted...

Not working...!!!!!!!! :-((

let's see... i'll let you guys know...

Status
Not open for further replies.