Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] atmega328-+-atmega8 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshubham96

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Me and my friend are making a robot.The problem is that he works with atmega8, while i have arduino uno based on atmega 328. my question, can we transmit data b/w them?
the arduino uno will be on the transmitter side with the atmega 8 at the reciever side or vice-versa. we will be communicating through RF.
what will be the circuit and coding??
any help is appreciated
Regards,
Shubham

Hi,

Yes you can easily communuicate between them using the Serial / Usart port.

To do it by RF their are loads of lo cost boards made by ASK or similar with freqencies to suit your area.

They send and recieve data in Serial mode suitable for the 5v Amegas.

Sure you will find suitable code examples in the Arduino Forum or Playground.

Another method depending on your operating range / cost are the Bluetooth modules - again serial compatible.

Plenty of choice and info here .Wireless - Categories - SparkFun Electronics

While you can connect the two chips Usart ports direct to each other to test your comms link, as you can see from the Uno circuit diagram use 1k resistors in series in each line, this stops any short should you connect the lines the wrong way round.

Last edited:

i want to know the coding coz i am a bit confused.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

i want to know the coding coz i am a bit confused. i am maiking a r/c circuit

With the modules I mentioned in my last post, you can communicate with those wireless modules through UART or SPI.
I assume you know how to use UART (serial port) in ATMEGA.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.