Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega32 with sim300cz

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba147

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim300cz project

Hello everyone, we are working on our project which uses atmega32(and sensors) to measure environment status (temperature, humidity etc). after measurements are made, these values are to be sent to PC using sim300cz through GPRS. Interface between atmega and sim300cz is serial. We want to employ handshaking mechanism as well. The problem is that I cant figure out whether only RTS/CTS should be used or DTR, DCD, RI should also be used.
Ofcourse, the transmission will not be continuous. Normally, sim300cz will be in sleep mode and will be awaken by controller from time to time.
I have read many explanation of serial comm. signals but still i can not figure out. :(

so can anyone explain how & why DTR, DCD, RI could be used???
Thanks.

sorry for my bad way of explaining problem. I have spent a long day reading articles on internet, and my head feels heavy now.

sim300 cz

can any body help!
in communicating sim300cz with atmega16L...details of our project is in the above post...

sim300cz

I'm planning to start one project using this module with atmel. I will gladly help when find out how this communication work.
Project will start for about 1 month when I get modules from Hungary and make preliminary pcb....

Regards!

Mladen Bruck
Bosnia and Herzegowine

code sim300cz send sms pic

I am also doing the same thing. But don't know where to start. I am using ATMEGA16.
If anyone can give me the code for sim300 interfacing and send a sms serially to sim300 module then I will be very thankful to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.