Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] atmega16a runs on 1Mhz even with any crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

prafful

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am making some programs in ATMEGA16A with bascom-avr. when i put delay for 1Sec it takes much(8sec) delay with 8Mhz and (16sec) with 16Mhz crystal.

After some time i have note that its by default working on 1Mhz clock. when i have remove crystal its also working on 1Mhz.

I can't understand. now its not working on 8Mhz even with crystal. its working on 1Mhz.

can anybody please explain???

-thanking you.. :roll:

Hi,

The Atmega16 has an internal oscillator, its default is 1mhz so expect it is running on that.

It will ignore any crystal you have connected until you change your code/fuses to match - see the datasheet for all the options - the internal osc will run up to 8mhz so might as well use that, unless 16mhz is essential

Reactions: prafful

prafful

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi,
i have purchased the new ATMEGA16A its come with 1Mhz default (internal RC oscillator).

hbyte -99
lbyte -E1..

i want to run this with 8Mhz or 16Mhz external crystal.
can anybody please give me fuse bytes for this both settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.