Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega parallel programmer (not isp) request

Status
Not open for further replies.

is_razi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmel parallel programmer

hi,
please tell me where can i find a parallel programmer (not isp) for atmega series.
your \s sincerely.

avr parallel programmer

Any ICSP programmer can be made to be a "parallel programmer". Just match up the right signal lines with the pins on a dip socket. Having said that, here's a cool webpage about a programmer that you can use:

You can find the software for certain Atmega series here, as well as the schematics for programmers that work with this software.

atmega8 parallel programmer

thanks lizard,
but the lancos's programmer is isp,
i want a parallel programmer (i don't mean a programmer uses's parallel port) to program the atmega fuses .
as you know programming the fuses can't be done with isp programmer.
sincerely yours.

atmega programmer

Yes it can...

I use pony prog parralel programmer (ISP) and I can program the fuse as well as the E²PROM and Flash...

You should look at the option provide with ponyprog...

Hope this help

atmega parallel programmer

i used ponyprog to program some fuses but after that i couldn't access the ucontroller through isp programmer.
do you have any solution for it.
thx

atmega parallel programming

In fact, Ponyprog isn't clear on the fuse programming...

if you program the fuse (by checking the corresponding fuse), you put this fuse at 0.. and when you let the fuse unprogrammed, the fuse is at 1...

beware of that, you should you ponyprog ISP programmer more than once

If you need, I can put my ponyprog script online in order to help you...

PS : beware of the clock fuse programmation.. it can be the reason why you cannot access you AVR anymore.

ponyprog programmer for atmega88

If you incorrectly set one of the clock fuses you may be able to rescue the uC without a High Voltage Programmer. Supply it with a external clock signal to reestablish communication and change the fuse back to where it should be.

parallel port programmer for atmega16

I don’t think any of the ATMegas support high voltage serial, just a few of the Tiny series.

I have used the HV serial programmer from this page

his HV parallel may also work.

atmega32 parallel programmer

squiggy said:
I don’t think any of the ATMegas support high voltage serial, just a few of the Tiny series.
As i understand, discussion here gets about parallel mode - btw - supported by mentioned programmer.

atmega16 parallel programmer

@ frenki
Sorry, I misread, I see now that the programmer you recommend supports HVP.

Hopefully its only a clock problem and HV programming won’t be needed for a fix.

atmel parallel programming

salam :
use bascom avr it has buildin programmer with parallel
matelda

Status
Not open for further replies.