Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Atmega freezes and needs external reset circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexhugo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using ATMEGA48. I have following peoblems:
1- Whatever I do, I must have external reset circuit. I set the BODLEVEL fuses to be 4.3 volts hoping that BOD will reset my microcontroller when VCC starts going up but it doesn't work that way. I even programmed the RSTDISBL fuse but that doesn't help either.
2- I don't know why touching the capacitor (or the reset pin itself) that is used for reset, hangs the micro. I am using 10K resistor and 100u cap for reset circuit. Please don't say that I should not touch the reset signal. I know that but this means that's very sensitive to noise. Isn't it?
3- When micro freezes because of the problem in item 2, watchdog timer doesn't reset the chip. Watchdog timer works in other times. For example when I remove the wdr (watch dog reset) command, or I don't call the place that has wdr, I see that my micro gets reset but freezing because of touching the capacitor of the reset circuit is not reset by watch dog timer.

Thanks in advance
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.