Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atmega 8535 pullup and pull down and sensor input

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakgupta.rf

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone
i use atmega 8535 and use port A for sensor input
sensor like door sensor,pir sensor and some time in water controller in water controller use cd 4069ube for signal getting from tank then interfacing from this IC i give directly to avr .there i am getting confused is there any need with avr input like pull up and pull down
please expalin these terms also

Pull-up resistors are used in electronic logic circuits to ensure that inputs to logic systems settle at expected logic levels if external devices are disconnected or high-impedance. They may also be used at the interface between two different types of logic devices, possibly operating at different power supply voltages.

Pull-up resistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AVR has internall pull-up resistors, so you don't need to use external resistors for this purpose, except some special occasions.

**broken link removed**
View topic - Internal pull-up advantages? :: AVR Freaks
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/68923/

Also if you are interested about debounce:

AVR Tutorial: Switch Input and Debounce

Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back