Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmega 16A bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaf

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys wish you are having happy holidays,
I’m trying to run an Arduino code on an Atmega16A and I needed the bootloader for it. I found on Instructables a detailed description of doing that but it doesn’t work and always shows an error while burning the bootloader. I have to mention that my knowledge about programming is really very few and I barely understand what’s done in the bootloader. So could anyone help me understand how I could do it by myself and make it work?
https://www.instructables.com/Programming-ATmega16A-using-arduino-IDE/

Hi,

"and always shows an error"..

This is good ... that it shows an error .... usually this error message helps to make it working.
So it's a good idea to tell us which error it shows...

You may upload screenshots ... and a detailed description of what you do...

But there is no need for a bootloader. You may program your firmware on the AVR without bootloader.

Klaus

Last edited:

I get the error bootloader.tool missing.
I would also like to upload it directly but as i lack the knowledge and experience on how to do that i thought the arduino would be easier but i would be thankful for any resources showing how to do so as i'm trying to run an MFRC630 chip on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.