Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATE Programmable Load as Pull Down Resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokwatbaboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, any test engineers here?
Quite curious, how to program the programmable load on ATE to act as pull-down resistor?

TIA.

I was trained on HP, Genrad, Teradyne and Fairchild ATE and have years of experience doing digital modelling and programming on them. Each uses different methods though, that's why I asked which in particular you meant.

For normal logic pull-down I would suggest a simple resistor and to use one of the ATE relays to connect it to ground. A programmable load is normally used in higher power applications and it may not have sufficiently low impedance at high frequencies to work in a logic circuit.

Brian.

I was trained on HP, Genrad, Teradyne and Fairchild ATE and have years of experience doing digital modelling and programming on them. Each uses different methods though, that's why I asked which in particular you meant.

For normal logic pull-down I would suggest a simple resistor and to use one of the ATE relays to connect it to ground. A programmable load is normally used in higher power applications and it may not have sufficiently low impedance at high frequencies to work in a logic circuit.

Brian.

Thanks Brian. Unfortunately my DIB (Loadboard) does not have external resistor connected to pins thru relay so I was thinking of using the programmable load to act as the resistor. I am using Credence Sapphire now.

I am trying to test USBx and one of my test requires to pull down some pins externally for my test to work. :(

Thanks!
Tokwatbaboy

Can you wire a relay and resistor yourself and operate it by setting a voltage from the ATE. For high speed work I have done I used a small DIL reed relay wired inside the test jig and used a logic drive signal to turn it on.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back