Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATcommand for Cell info

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronix_is

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
s65 cellinfo

I designed a module with ATMega8 and siemens C45 to transmit data from alarm system but now i want to conect my module with car alarm and wont to know if exist one ATcommand who request infocell (name of cell).
Regards Cristy

Very interesting. But I doubt if there exists any such command.

I want to transmit information about car position without GPS module.

That is very intuitive of you. But I think the information about the cell is not present in the phone. It lies in the switch of the mobile service provider. I dont see any reason why it would be transmitted to the phone.

In my country one of operator (vodafone) transmit name of cell (ex:Central Park), and anyone can to activate that on phone and that apear on screen....

Much info which is avaialable on the screen is not available on the AT command. For example, I am using prepaid connections and I want the microcontroller connected to the phone to check the balance left in the SIM. I have tried hard but could not get this info.

The Sony Ericsson modules have a command (AT*E2CD) which gives the cell ID, so I assume the Siemens has something similar.

The Siemens modules have a command (AT+COPS?) which gives the cell ID

Command:
AT+COPS?<LF><LR>
Reply:
+COPS: 0,1,"OPERATOR"
OK

Can someone also tell a command that can tell the balance left in the SIM. This would solve a big problem for me.

Also is there any way to turn ON the phone from the connector. Possibly by any AT command ??

Hi techie,

might not be an elegant solution but I am also using prepaid phones for SMS alarms.

What I do is whenever balance is relaoded I reset a counter (via SMS) that counts each outgoing sms. In my country an sms costs a fixed price so the unit knowns how much balance is left by adding up the price for each sent SMS ...

Any yes it would be nice if a Siemens phone could be switched on via AT command but this is definitly not implemented.

best regards

Since I am using GPRS instead of SMS, it is quite hard to estimate the charge.

For powering up the phone, I use reed relays. But I dont like to solder on the phone.

thanks Egilssk but that (+COPS) give me information about operator, not about cell where the phone is connect. I try to findout an equivalent of AT*E2CD

Hello!
I am using S45 phone for send/receive SMS, and may major problem are about charge management. Anyone have ideas?

Siemens phone have any AT command for battery management (battery level for example).

In Your projects, how the phones are powered?

Thanks in advance, Gorkin.

Gorkin this is AT command list for S55 but you could try it on S45 thre are two battery realated commands AT+CBC and AT+CIND.

best regards

hi electronix_is

check this,might help you

regards
john

Thanks C-MAN, You help are very appreciated!

I tested the AT+CBC and AT+CIND commands, only AT+CBC work...

Jhon, thanks, but You send-me wrong information! I am need information about Siemens Mobiles and NOT wavecom Modens ok?

Gorkin.

hi. i need help regarding my final year prj ie: " VEHICLE TRACKING USING GSM MODULE" . i want to access the cell info feature of service provider and sms this info to a remote user. im trying to find at command to access cell info display but unsuccessful. rite now telenor pk has this facility of cell info in pakistan. if any1 hav n idea plz do help. regards

What "cell info" are you looking for? There are GSM 07.07 commands that will display the Cell Location and ID (AT+CREG), the operator (AT+COPS), and the operator names (AT+COPN).

i want to know the location of my cell phone with respect to BTS its connected to. rit now im testing this on SONYERRICSON T290. later i want to do this on SIM 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back