Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT91SAM9260 boot from SD Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariush_abbasi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In the first page of at91sam9260 datasheet,it said that it can be boot from SDcard,but there is no SDCard option in the boot sequence diagram,and also i can't find any other place or any other document for knowing how.
Any suggestion?
By the way,what is the cheapest boot hardware for this chip?
Thanks.

Hi,
What do you mean by inputs?
I found a slide which says that at91sam9260 can't be boot from SDcard,although in the first page of its datasheet there is such option.
Regards,

take a look to section 8.1.1.1 in data sheet it explain steps to boot from SD Card by using a boot brogram logged in ROM

8.1.1.1 BMS = 1, Boot on Embedded ROM
The system boots using the Boot Program.
• Boot on slow clock (On-chip RC or 32,768 Hz)
• Auto baudrate detection
• Downloads and runs an application from external storage media into internal SRAM
• Downloaded code size depends on embedded SRAM size
• Automatic detection of valid application
• Bootloader on a non-volatile memory
– SPI DataFlash® connected on NPCS0 and NPCS1 of the SPI0
– 8-bit and/or 16-bit NAND Flash
• SAM-BA® Monitor in case no valid program is detected in external NVM, supporting
– Serial communication on a DBGU
– USB Device Port

Hi,
Which data sheet are you talking about?
I searched in 6221.pdf(at91sam9260 datasheet),but there is no such a section,and the section 8 is "block diagram"!
Please see the slide 18 of this file:(NVM Memory Bootloader Support)
View attachment SAM9_Boot_Strategies.ppt
Best Regards.

By the way,what is your suggestion for cheapest and easiest way of booting this chip?
I don't want to use operating system yet and i just want to run some simple programs like GPIO,TIMER,etc.
The example from keil uses DATAFLASH together with SDRAM,but i need a sample program to copy the 16K program in dataflash or...to its internal SRAM and run it without any SDram,do you know where can i find such an example?
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back