Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at89c52 can be locked only once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamalS

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can lock at89c52

Is it true that at89c52 can be locked only once?
Where is it mentioned in the datasheet ?

programer for at89c52

The AT89C52 is not OTP (one-time programmable) microcontroller but once the lock bits are set you can not revers this function ..
Use the ERASE function to erase it's FLASH (including all 3 lock bits) and then you can re-program it again ..
If you want to unlock lock bits and read internal program memory - don't wast your time ..

Regards,
IanP

at89c52 read locked

Oh dear !

I know it's not an OTP, neither am I trying to break the lock bits.

My problem is I can program my 51/52s just fine as many times I want UNTIL I lock it, after which they just seem to go "bad"...

That is they can't be erased or anything.

I am talking about the 'C' series.

Added after 1 minutes:

IanP said:
The AT89C52 is not OTP (one-time programmable) microcontroller but once the lock bits are set you can not revers this function ..
Use the ERASE function to erase it's FLASH (including all 3 lock bits) and then you can re-program it again ..

I don't get you.

You say that I can't reverse the function once the lock bits are set, and on the next line you say the lock bits can be reset by blanking.

It seems the lock bits can be set only once ?

read locked at89c52

I had programmed my 89c51 many times. Erasing it and again.

Once locked you have to erase it to re program it. While erasing the lock bits will also cleared. You will have a blank chip. Now you can program it & lock it.

Regards
Nandhu

from my view it my be depends on what type of programmer you use
i'm program and erase and program again too many 89c51/52 or 89s51/52 with parallel programmer with no problem

I think locking it is not one time... KamalS can you tell me what programmer you use...

Oh.. and nandhu015... just lock your 52/52 once and try erasing it again and let us all know.

My application also use AT89C52 it can program with lock, and erase many times.

Added after 9 minutes:

My application also use AT89C52 it can program with lock, and erase many times.

Hai vsmGuy

Yes I tried it now. It is OK. I am able to erase a locked 89c52 and reprogrammed it.

I tried it 4 times. It works.

for your information i use and parallel programmer designed by sunrom

Regards
Nandhu

Ah then !

Thanks nandhu015.

I think the question is settled then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.