Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89c5131 can not be detected by xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shendu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me? the osillator can work, there are signal on ALE pin, I make the pcb by myself, but we i plug the usb bus, the xp system says that it can detect it ,"unknown device"

is it the problem of at89c5131 (don't have a bootloader ) or the problem of my schematic. wish a expert to help me?

my email: wxzhao@yahoo.cn
can anyone help me?

Added after 19 minutes:

this is my design

Presumed that the micro is programmed with the firmware, please check the D- and D+ connections connected on the PCB. IF interchanged, nothing will be detected. Too see you get proper 5volts to the microcontroller. Goodluck.

'unknown device' popup means that xp has detected it, but can't find a driver.

What are you expecting?. If you load up Atmel's flip, try to make a connection, it will repeatedly open a DOSbox, which queries the USB port looking for the device. A bootloader sequence on the device should then complete the connection.

the question is when i plug in the usb bus, flip is set up, but the pop up not occur, xp don't tell me to load the driver

Your schematic posted above shows Pin2 of USB as D- whearas it shud be D+ as compared to other USB schematics. Try inter chnaging these. Good luck.

Ok, I tried it and I'm wrong. A bootload sequence should prompt the dosbox, then flip will connect.

better follow the other suggestions. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.