Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at89c51 microcontroller attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsalanarm

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i need to read hex file from a locked at89c51 microcontroller
can i do?
i saw in a site from china, who told "me they can do it", is it true?
anyone could help me?

Many things can be done, with sufficient resources. If you have the money or equipment, knowledge and time, then yes you can do it.
If you don't, then no.
See here.

i,v seen it before But it is not enough information given to do it.
is there a simpler way to do it? tell us more
please help me
thank you

How do you mean enough information to do this ?

This is not easy job, you cant do this in home garage, you need knowledge and equipment + chemicals for this.

are They reliable?
have you got help them?
What is the estimated cost?
Thank you very much

Its ok. Make contact and ask them. They send you readed HEX back and if ok, then you pay rest. They have 99,999% success!!!.

hi tpetar
thanks for your help:grin:

This is just for case that you lost your hex and source for µC, not for hacking other people firmwares.

Invest in knowledge, study some compiler and writing source codes, later you will see that you dont have needs to do this, because you can write own source for this, and adjust it to your needs. :wink:

hi
yes i totally agree with you.
Thank you very much for your help.:smile:

Breaking a 89C51 is like re inventing the wheel..Just execute what the code in it does and re-write your own code and then remember to "Lock it when u burn. It may not be a tough task rather breaking open someone else's job..
Cheers

Breaking a 89C51 is like re inventing the wheel..Just execute what the code in it does and re-write your own code and then remember to "Lock it when u burn. It may not be a tough task rather breaking open someone else's job..
Cheers

How can we lock it ?
I don't understand what actually you are saying.
Can you please elaborate a bit more?

Thanks for your time

He mean that you should write your own firmware, to do exact thing of this what you whant to duplicate, and to protect your work with lock bits, to disallow someone to read your firmware like you try now.

He mean that you should write your own firmware, to do exact thing of this what you whant to duplicate, and to protect your work with lock bits, to disallow someone to read your firmware like you try now.

Thanks tpetar, I got the meaning now.
But can you tell me how can I Protect my work with lock bits?

I meant to say, that writing your own code is easier than reading an 8051. Next i suggested "lock" your microcontroller when you yourself program your own code as certainly there may be many more enquiries about how to "break" it as you have posted now:lol:

In other words our friend Pranam whant to say take books in hands and heat chair and keyboard. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.