Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] At89c051 not able to burn with ISP programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munawwar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

i am trying to use AT89C2051 on bread board to burn with ISP programmer (USB base) . but it is showing CHIP ENABLE PROGRAM ERROR i am using AT89S2051 as C series is not avaliable in DB. please do help me. i am using PROGISP software to burn hex file.

If everything is connected as specified, there is certainly a mismatch in the electrical connection that you did not see, us neither; or even if it is properly connected, the wiring should not be short enough to provide sufficient signal integrity for the recording speed. In addition, if the chip is not supported by the programmer software, surely an incorrect signature message will appear at some point and you will not be able to go ahead.

As Ctownsend has pointed out At89Cxxx chips can't be programmed using ISP programming.
it is easier and cheaper to get correpsonding A89Sxx chip as a direct pin to pin replacement.

AT89C2051 does not use ISP programming. AT89S2051 does.

If you have an AT89C2051 you need a parallel programmer something like this:
https://www.kswichit.com/easy1/easy.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.