Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at wat stage in MAGMA-TALUS should i change cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhivyanandhini

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to replace a FF of a particular pin to reduce the delay in datapath...
At wat stage should i change the FF of a particular pin ???
i tried it after fix clock and then did fix wire and fix opt final....but the slack increased a lot...
can anybody help me in this??

dhivyanandhini said:
i would like to replace a FF of a particular pin to reduce the delay in datapath...
At wat stage should i change the FF of a particular pin ???
i tried it after fix clock and then did fix wire and fix opt final....but the slack increased a lot...
can anybody help me in this??
Can you clarify a bit? What kind of FF are you swapping for what new FF and what is the difference? How do you expect this to improve datapath delay? Does the new FF have less setup time requirement or something? Sorry, your question is not clear to me.

swapping can be done at any stage..

Can you slightly elaborate ur query, so that fellow engineers will be able to provide u appropriate soln..

the FF i want to replace has lesser delay and higher drive strength....

Added after 1 minutes:

i tried to do it before fix clock and found tht the slack of tht path got reduced but i find som other paths slack increased....

Higher drive strength cells most likely have bigger input cap, which can cause slew violation for the other cells driving this cell. You need to run a whole round of sizing, re-buffering to fix it.

Thanks,

Why dont you do it after fix time? fix cell should be able to take care of the slacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back