Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

At the beginning choosing correct design way

Status
Not open for further replies.

engurucuklu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am an engineering student and interesting in microdesign graduation work. I am beginner in this area. I have started Verilog for two months.
My problem is concerning with choosing correct program. All of my found programs are very expensive for me (only student) and limited features. And i don't want to apply illegal ways. Could you advise some cheap or priceless programs for simulating Verilog and design simply microprocessor? Altera is releasing Quartus and MaxII web editions. and others too. Should i choose FPGA design at the begining because of priceless releases?

I am open for your other every senior advices.

Good works,

If you are student. Use the tools available to you school. In school the methodology is more important than the result. Who care for the bell and whistle feature, use the popular tool so you can get a lot of support

My most important problem is software. In my university department, there hasn't been any IC design tool for the present. For my undergraduation thesis i need someones. As i said before, i decide to design microcontroller. Seemingly, i must choose FPGA releases . I haven't used already. So i don't know without implementation it can be sufficient or not.
At first, i considered asic desing tools, but i haven't found any cheap one yet. So I will download and try QuartusII web edition.

regards,

Hi engurucuklu,

It is better to chose the FPGA process for your design. Check out for Actel, Xilinx websites. Request them for the evaluation version. They have complete set till you generate the Fuse file, which is end of your design starting from coding, simulation, synthesis, p&r.

-Sudhir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back