Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT+CSQ without Disconnecting PPP Connection in ARCH Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ediamondsrt

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Telit GL865 GSM/GPRS module which is connected to a Single Board Computer (running ARCH Linux.) via Serial Port. I have implemented For GPRS connection, PPP connection as indicaten on this page: **broken link removed**

I can read Cell Tower Signal Strength Level by the following AT Command: AT+CSQ?

But i can not use AT commands (AT+CSQ?) if PPP connection is active. First i need to detach/release PPP connection then i can use AT commands.
Reconnection to the GPRS tooks about 2-3 minutes but i do not want to wait for this delay.

IS there any way to check Cell Signal Strengt Level or running this AT command (AT+CSQ?) without closing/disconnecting the PPP Connection?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back