Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at commands using pic with 2 uart

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_abdulrahman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my final year project, i need to interface xbee and gsm modules with pic. how to send AT commands to both? is there any 40 pin DIP PIC with two UARTs?

I have recently built a similar system with a GSM modem and GPS modem (connected to 2 UARTs), various SPI peripherals and USB HID interface to connect to a PC host for configuration and reporting.
We used a PIC24FJ64GB002 - it has the advantage of coming in a 28-Pin SPDIP package so it is easy to build a prototype and has Peripheral Pin Select for remapping digital peripherals to I/O pins which simplifies PCB layout. see the Microchip web page
PIC24FJ64GB002

Hi s_abdulrahman,

If you specifically need "40 pin DIP PICs" check followings;
PIC18F43K22
PIC18F44K22
PIC18F45K22

**broken link removed**

Thanks,

Hi s_abdulrahman,

If you specifically need "40 pin DIP PICs" check followings;
PIC18F43K22
PIC18F44K22
PIC18F45K22

params

Thanks,

@Dinesh: Can u pls guide me as to where we can get the above mentioned PICs in India, particularly Chennai? Most electronics shops don't seem to have them in stock! Or is there any site online which can deliver me the PICs within two days??

Status
Not open for further replies.