Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asus G41 Motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the motherboard is powering on but no display also i checked that 3.3v from PSU is showing 2.8v and there is one IC GR8313 for PG signal generation that ic pin 8 is PG out and no voltage at that pin , also i checked with PCI post card and it is showing 0000 code and Reset LED is steady and no clock and reset signal present. please help.

Check the power supply if you are sure that the power supply is OK than measure the resistance from 3.3v to ground some thing is probably shorted.

Ok but how to find a shorted component Between number of components?

Ok but how to find a shorted component Between number of components?

You can externally supply low voltage with high current, the component that sinks all the current will get hot, so touch them individually to find which one is really hot and that is the one most likely faulty. Unplug the computers ac power source before you do this and take every precautions while you do this.

Ok I sorted the issue actually the GMCH ic is shorted now what is next step?

Graphics and Memory Control Hub IC means north bridge .

Hi thanks for reply ,, The 3.3v rail from smps is showing 2.8 or 2.9volts and is i remove a Jumper near NB it shows me 3.3v this way I figured the short of NB. if I am wrong then please help me to troubleshoot further, thanks "Kamal".
are you sure its north bridge shorted. how you found it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi thanks for reply ,, The 3.3v rail from smps is showing 2.8 or 2.9volts and if i remove a Jumper near NB it shows me 3.3v this way I figured the short of NB. if I am wrong then please help me to troubleshoot further, thanks "Kamal".
are you sure its north bridge shorted. how you found it?

Status
Not open for further replies.