Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Astro - Tluplus models and SDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchimaku

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tluplus

HI,
I have been trying to work with Physical Compiler and Astro.I am now required to use Tluplus models as part of a flow that we want to run.

Could somebody let me know if there is a seperate Interconnect Technology File for each condition max,min,typical or is there a way to generate TLUplus models for all 3 conditions using just the typical ITF (it is the only one we have in our library) .

I have also used Astro using the TLU model flow but I have a problem with simulating the SDF file written out as the simulator (Modelsim) says that some generics are missing(tpd_ck_q_posedge).Has anybody encountered this problem before? I have read online that it has something to do with the library model definitions but I cannot figure out what I can change to correct it.

Thanks for any help in advance
Pradeep

astro tluplus

1. check starRC user manual for TLUplus model generation. usually it is from .nxgrd file, which is ASCII file from your pdk. (while .itf is binary mode).

2. using Astro to generate sdf is not the usual design flow, and TLU model can be quite inaccurate compared to TLUplus model.

Regards.

pchimaku

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
itf tluplus

Yes Jackson is right. TLUplus is strongly recommended if you want Astro timing to corelate with PT.If u have the ITF for only once corner you can use only one TLUplus in Astro

As per my knowledge you prepare the TLUplus models using Star from the ITF.You can use only one corner TLUplus in Astro .

Be careful when doing the P&R.If you delete the whole routing and reroute the design there is a possibility of the internal names being changes.I am not sure but what your problem is

pchimaku

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tlu plus

Hi ,
Thanks very much to both of you. I have found that I might have to run a script to modify the SDF as the intial libraries were setup for sdf from PT.
I pulled out the ITF file from the .nxtgrd file and generated the Tluplus models.I was assuming it was for typical.I will try to look at it and see if it is for max/typical/min.

Thanks
Pradeep

what is tluplus

I have a ploblem,In my design ,I use the smic0.18 technology in which there is no itf file or nxgrd file ,what can I do if I want to use TLU+ module?

tluplus model

stephen_dong said:
I have a ploblem,In my design ,I use the smic0.18 technology in which there is no itf file or nxgrd file ,what can I do if I want to use TLU+ module?

I have the same problem, my Std cell is TSMC 0.18. Have you solve this problem, please?

Thank you.
Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back