Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assura32- Compatibility with Cadence IC612

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlearning

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
Could anyone please mention up to which subversion of Assura32 is compatible with Cadence IC612? I mean USR1, USR2 etc.
I installed Assura41 and tried to use it together with the IC612, but it generated a warning in the CIW, like:
*WARNING* Failed to load context file '/vhome/eda/Assura41/bin/32bit/etc/context/6.1.2/sna.cxt'.
Even the directory does not exist there! Again, when I tried DRC, it halted with the message: Waiting for license validation for . in the DRC log file. Later, going through the release notes, I came to know that, Assura41 is qualified with IC614 only and that, it uses new licensing technique- FLEXlm v10.80. That is why, my license server needed to be upgraded.
So, I think I would better use Assura32, but not sure about the subversion. Anyone please check if I miss something here.
Thank You,
Reagards.

There are two different versions of assura, one for CDBA and one for OpenAccess. If you installed the CDBA version of Assura but are using IC612, that's your problem. Type assura -v and see what it returns.

CDBA returns: @(#)$CDS: assura version av3.2:production:dfII5.1.41:5.10.41.500.5.128 12/18/2008 08:30 (logavt05) $

OA returns: @(#)$CDS: assura version av3.2:production:dfII6.1.3:IC6.1.3.500.7 06/29/2009 05:57 (sjlin84) $

Thank you oermens, for your reply.
In fact, I did not install Assura32 but have planned to use it :). So, I was seeking for the information- 'up to which subversion of it is compatible with IC612'.
I installed Assura41 and the problems I mentioned were for it (probably I would better be a little bit crearer).
Is Assura41 compatible with IC612?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back